Wednesday, October 17, 2018

My Experience of Medical Medium Thyroid Healing Book Day 1

My first day of reading the Medical Medium Thyroid Healing book was filled with hope and enthusiasm, worry and skepticism.  I read the good and bad reviews, saw the negative sites and some positive YouTube videos.  I know enough about using food as thy medicine and eating an alkaline diet with enough organic raw fruits and vegetables to know that I wouldn't be harming myself.  I fasted in the past and went on various cleanses and I am already eating a vegan diet, so I decided to jump in and try it.  I wanted to purify my diet anyway and this offered a good opportunity.

I was worried about my condition and knew that my doctors would push taking meds.  I had taken levo-thyroxine in the past since my TSH levels were on the high side.  I got sick from the medication, so after a little over a month, I took myself off of them.  The endocrinologist I was seeing sent me to UC, Irvine's endocrinology department for another viewpoint.  The doctor there confirmed that I didn't need the meds because my levels were not that high.  Nothing was mentioned about diet.

Less than a year later, I really didn't feel well.  I had the same symptoms, only worse: tired, listless, brain fog, difficulty remembering some things, insomnia, tinnitus, digestive issues, plantar fasciitis that had not completely healed after about a year and a half, joint issues, etc. etc.  I took a blood test that revealed that my TSH had shot up to 10.  I was upset with myself for not taking more kelp pills for iodine; I had only taken one a day, as directed on bottle.  I stopped taking L-tyrosine since my endocrinologist didn't think it was a good idea (nor did a naturo-path I had spoken to) to take an amino acid all by itself without the balance of others.  I listened to them and drank plenty of complete protein powders, ate my fair share of beans and rice, quinoa and legumes, cut out all soy products, and had plenty of fruits and vegetables.  I hadn't realized how much cruciferous vegetables I was actually eating until I read a more complete list.  Although Anthony William believes that we would need to eat a very large amount of those to make any difference in absorption of key thyroid nutrients, I decided anyway to limit my intake.  I had been eating cruciferous vegetables, raw and cooked, about twice every day for years.

Instead of getting back on levo-thyroxine for hypothyroidism as my doctor urged, I decided to cleanse and fortify using the fruits and vegetables, herbs and minerals that were put on this planet to nourish and sustain our bodies.  A good friend of mine had always pushed fasting and alkaline diets and was extremely healthy, so this wasn't new news.  I also decided to use oregano oil (sparingly since it's very strong) since it's anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.  I also took a vegan pro-biotic.

I started on the celery juice in the morning, made vegetable soup with added ingredients not mentioned in the recipe, drank the tea, had a smoothie with some added ingredients also not mentioned in the recipe.  I didn't have all of the herbs and foods on the list, but I improvised as I knew I would from the get go.

In the past, I would have been on a cleansing diet first and not fortified myself with anything, but since I was so exhausted and drained for so long, I decided to listen to a good percentage of ideas from the book and eat the cleansing diet alongside eating pure, clean fruits and vegetables to fortify.  To my knowledge, I had never cleansed and fortified at the same time, but I liked the premise of not over-taxing myself and not having to follow a strict diet meticulously. 

I ate organic baked potatoes with kelp flakes that supplied a lot of iodine.  I ate about 4-5 Brazil nuts, made a cucumber juice with ginger, parsley, cilantro, apples: all organic.  I drank the tea and the water with lime juice.  I had plenty of soup to last me a few days.  I felt armed with good nutrition and a good mind set.  I was ready to cleanse and fortify, remove heavy metals, viruses, bad bacteria, and all sorts of toxins from my being.

I knew that my liver needed to be dredged for some time.  In Chinese medicine, liver is the seat of anger (each organ corresponds to a feeling or emotion); I knew that I had lived a life that caused much of that to be stored in my body.  I even had dreams of being anger that I was processing out of myself at night.  I drank dandelion tea as well and tried not to be around angry people as much as possible.

I also believe that our physical dwelling place corresponds to our body and our life (i.e. my own abbreviated version of feng shui).  Alongside cleansing my liver, I am cleansing my dwelling. I began to get rid of things in my cupboards that were outdated or unused, get the garage in order, and look at what I was physically accumulating that I did not need from my rooms.  I had done that for a while, but this time I was doing it with conscious awareness, feeling that my inner cleanse corresponded to my outer cleanse. 

Stay tuned as I go through my experience of the Medical Medium Thyroid  Healing.  I wish you the best of luck on your journey. 



No comments:

Post a Comment