Thursday, January 19, 2012

Waiting for Plane

Why does anyone travel?  To see the world?  Yes  To experience new things? Yes.  To expand who we are? Yes.  But, there is another reason.   We travel to remind ourselves that there is only One World here and there is a common link between all of us.  We seek to remember that this is not such a huge distant world, but a world in which people help each other and you meet your "cousins" and friends on the other side of the globe, the other side of the nation, the other side of the ocean.  Maybe one day on the other side of the moon...  For now, this is not a lunar experience, I hope.

I am sitting in Palm Springs airport waiting to get to Dallas, waiting to get to Belize.  Believe in Belize.  I have been believing in Belize for so long that finally it has become a reality.  My first reason for going is that it is the world's second largest barrier reef, after Australia.  It is also a place of caves and jungles, islands and Mayan ruins, farms and hurricane shelters. 

However, this is not the same type of trip I have taken before.  It has been many years since I have left this country.  This time I do it with my laptop so that I can communicate with others and name and frame my experiences.  But, there is something vastly different this time.  I am not traveling to get outside myself, to crowd myself with new experiences in order to fill myself with so many ideas that I don't recognize myself anymore.  This travel is not for that reason. That was the past. This time I take myself with me, the Self inside.  I bring with this trip all of me in order to contribute what I can.  My intention is to take memories and to give with an open heart.  I am no longer looking to fill from the outside, rather I hope to share what I have to share, whatever Greater Inspiration gives to me. I will listen.  I also intend for Fun.  This is why we do anything.  We are hoping for Fun. We are dreaming, fantasizing, drooling, obsessing, focusing on Fun.  We travel to remember that Fun is who we are.  Fun is within.  Fun is what we are made of.  It is simply the energy of Focusing in this Now Moment with an Inner Smile that is ready to break into Inner Laughter.  Never mind that others want to focus on negatives and darkness, there is enough of that.   There is more need for Fun on this planet than any other concept. Fun is strong enough to stop wars.  It is the reason good marriages stay together.  It is the cause of great health.  And it hopefully is the reason behind what we do and how we do it.   So, wherever you are, if at home sitting on a rocking chair, make that enough.  Bring to it the self-love, confidence and Joy found within and make every moment enough because it shares the seat with Fun.  Soon, we realize that we are Fun and there is no separation between this Divine Energy and who we are. Sometimes we have to go within for that. When the outside offers energies contrary to Fun, we cannot look for it on the outside.  For this reason, I bring the intention of Contributing Fun and Sharing Fun and Being Fun and Feeling Fun and Breathing Fun.  This can be a calm, serene thing, mind you.  But, it is a Joy, an elated Joy that is within.  We travel to share this energy with the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment